Phil Wood Classic Road hubs are designed for heavy duty use with a primary focus on durability. Extensive use of stainless steel in the axle, end caps and cassette body make them a great choice for applications that favor durability over weight savings.
Pro model hubs take the proven Classic design and shave weight to make them more competitive with other high end road offerings. The Pro model retains the high strength gearbox design of the Classic, but uses an alloy cassette body, axle, and end caps to remove 170g.
Phil Wood products are designed, manufactured and assembled in San Jose, California.
- Pro Road rear hubs come standard with:
- Pro Axle: 7075 High Strength Aluminum
- Pro Axle End Caps: 7075 High Strength Aluminum
- Pro Cassette(Freehub) body: 7075 High Strength Aluminum
- 190lb rider limit (conservative estimate)
- Classic Road rear hubs come standard with:
- Classic Axle: Stainless steel heat treated
- Classic Axle End Caps: Stainless steel heat treated
- Classic Cassette(Freehub) body: Stainless steel heat treated
- 280lb rider limit
- Weight: Classic 501g, Pro 331g
- Hole Counts: (Standard 20, 24, 28, 32), (Custom 36)
- Axles Standard: 130mm QR
- Freehub: Stainless or 7075 Alum. with 5 double-row pawls/40T ratchet ring
- Drive Compatibility: Shimano 11 Road, Campagnolo, SRAM XD/XDR
- Touring version with higher spoke count options available here
- Bearings: Hubshell 2x6902, Freehub Shimano 2x6902, Campy 2x6802, SRAM XDR
- Standard Colors: Polished silver, anodized black
- Optional Colors: (can take several months from Phil Wood) Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Pink, Gun Metal Grey
- Wheel building specifications here
Inventory Note: We stock a wide variety of high-polish silver and black Phil Wood hubs, however our inventory fluctuates daily. We may need to order hubs with an average lead time of 2-4 business days. Some hubs, particularly anodized colored hubs, may take up to a few months. If your order is time sensitive we encourage you to contact us for up to the minute product availability and shipping lead times.