Phil Wood Classic MTB & CX hubs are designed for heavy duty use with a primary focus on durability. Extensive use of stainless steel in the axle, end caps and cassette body make them a great choice for applications that favor durability over weight savings.
Pro model hubs take the proven Classic design and shave weight to make them more competitive with other high end offerings. The Pro model retains the high strength gearbox design of the Classic, but uses an alloy cassette body, axle, and end caps to reduce weight.
Classic and Pro hub shells come with SLR (slotted windows) machined for additional weight savings.
Phil Wood products are designed, manufactured and assembled in San Jose, California.
ALL PHIL WOOD CASSETTE TYPE HUBS ARE SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS. Please email email@example.com for the latest lead times from Phil Wood.
- Pro Road rear hubs come standard with:
- Pro Axle: 7075 High Strength Aluminum
- Pro Axle End Caps: 7075 High Strength Aluminum
- Pro Cassette(Freehub) body: 7075 High Strength Aluminum
- 190lb rider limit (conservative estimate)
- Classic Road rear hubs come standard with:
- Classic Axle: Stainless steel heat treated
- Classic Axle End Caps: Stainless steel heat treated
- Classic Cassette(Freehub) body: Stainless steel heat treated
- 280lb rider limit
- Weight ISO: Classic 562g, Pro 394g (135QR)
- Weight Centerlock: Classic 488g, Pro 373g (135QR)
- Brake Type: ISO 6-Bolt, Centerlock
- Hole Counts: (Standard 24H, 28H, 32H), (Custom 36H)
- Axles Standard: 135mm QR, 142x12mm TA, 148x12mm TA Boost
- Freehub: Stainless or 7075 Alum. with 5 double-row pawls/40T ratchet ring
- Drive Compatibility: Shimano 11 Road, Campagnolo, SRAM XD/XDR
- Bearings: Hubshell 2x6902, Freehub Shimano 2x6902, Campy 2 x6802
- Minimum Disc rotor diameter is 160mm for proper spoke and caliper clearance
- Standard Colors: Polished silver, anodized black
- Optional Colors: (can take several months from Phil Wood) Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Pink, Gun Metal Grey
- Wheel building specifications here
Inventory Note: We stock a wide variety of high-polish silver and black Phil Wood hubs, however our inventory fluctuates daily. We may need to order hubs with an average lead time of 2-4 business days. Some hubs, particularly anodized colored hubs, may take up to a few months. If your order is time sensitive we encourage you to contact us for up to the minute product availability and shipping lead times.