DT Squorx Pro Head® nipples get their name from the combination of a Torx drive head with a traditional square drive body. The Squorx design allows truing from either the back side of the rim (with 6-point Squorx driver), or externally (conventional 4-sided wrench).
Brass vs Aluminum?
Squorx aluminum nipples weigh about one-third the mass of a brass nipple making them a great option for weight savings at the rim/spoke interface.
Wheelbuilder does not recommend using alloy nipples in wet or salty environments due to their limited corrosion resistance.
- Weight Aluminum version: 32 nipples weigh 13.5g; 0.42g / nipple
- Weight Brass version: 32 nipples weigh 38.67g; 1.21g / nipple
- Material: Aluminum or brass
- Colors: Black, silver, red-(alloy only)
- Length: 15mm total (12mm lower portion of nipple)
- Thread gauge: 2.0mm(14g)
- Wrench interface external portion: standard 0.127"(3.23mm) across flats
- Wrench interface at head: DT Swiss Squorx 6 point
- Minimum order quantity is 20 pieces (price is per nipple)