DT Swiss Pro Lock Standard Brass and Aluminum Nipples use a patented fluid locking agent applied to the threads to prevents loosening under extreme vibration.
Brass vs Aluminum?
Aluminum nipples weigh about one-third the mass of a brass nipple making them a great option for weight savings at the rim/spoke interface.
Wheelbuilder does not recommend using alloy nipples in wet or salty environments due to their limited corrosion resistance.
- Weight Aluminum Nipples: 32 nipples weigh 10g (12mm length); 0.31g / nipple
- Weight Brass Nipples: 32 nipples weigh 32g (12mm length); 1g / nipple
- Material: Aluminum or Brass
- Colors: Black, Silver
- Length: 12mm, 14mm
- Thread gauge: 2.0mm(14g)
- Wrench interface: standard 0.127"(3.23mm) across flats
- Minimum order quantity is 20 pieces (price is per nipple)