Due to supply chain difficulties we limited inventory of Aileron rims. Please expect a 3-4 week lead time on any new rim orders.
The Aileron is a disc-brake specific road/cyclocross clincher rim and features an elliptical profile with aerodynamics and weight as key design factors. The 25mm wide profile of the tubeless compatible aluminum rim is 28mm deep.
The Aileron is designed to be paired with 25-40c road tires, though a 20mm inner width compliments even the most voluminous gravel and cross tires.
We normally stock most spoke counts in black finish. Due to the wide range of options offered by Velocity, we may need to special order color variants. Special orders typically take 5 business days to arrive.
Visit our Custom Velocity Road-Gravel-CX Disc Brake page to configure your wheels exactly the way you want.
General Specs all sizes
- Rim depth: 28mm
- Rim width: 25mm external / 20mm Internal
- Tire interface: Clincher / Tubeless
- Disc brake specific: non-machined sidewall
- Ideal use: Cyclocross, road disc, gravel
- Rim Weight: 465g
- Standard colors: black, silver
- Special order colors: Polished silver, White, Red, Reflective
- Hole counts: 24, 28, 32, 36, 40
- ERD: 585mm
- Rim Weight: 450g
- Standard colors: black
- Special order colors: Polished silver
- Hole counts: 28, 32, 36,
- ERD: 546mm
Please contact us for other colors: white, red and reflective