Chris King hubs are known for innovative bearing and gearbox designs, exceptional durability, and for their brilliant jewel quality anodized colors and finishes.
The R45 front hub is the lightest offering from Chris King intended for rim brake road applications. King hubs control flex by adopting an oversize axle diameter made possible with the use of proprietary bearings.
Bearings are available in steel and ceramic for most models. Races are manufactured from heat-treated, surgical grade steel that are machined simultaneously, with tools of equal wear to ensure perfectly matched inner and outer races. As Chris King bearing races burnish they get faster with age.
Hubs are fully serviceable for many years of demanding use. All Chris King products are 100% engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland Oregon and carry a 5 year warranty.
IMPORTANT NOTE: King R45 hubs currently have a 120 day lead time for special orders or items not in stock. Limited to stock on hand, please see updates below or call for availability.
As of NOVEMBER 2020: CHRIS KING has discontinued production of 16, 18, and 20 spoke count front hubs. Supply is limited to quantities on hand.
- 18H front hubs with 24H rear sets available upon request in Polished Turquoise and Polished Mango finish.
- 20H front hubs with 24H rear sets available upon request in Matte Turquoise, Matte Slate, Polished Mango finish.
- Weight: 102g +/- 5%
- Hole Count: 24, 28, 32
- Axle Standard: 100mm QR
- Bearings: Chris King proprietary steel or King ceramic option
- Can be radially laced
- Colors: King anodized and matte finish colors,
- Ideal Use: Road training and racing
- Wheel building dimensions here
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
Inventory Note: We stock a wide variety of Chris King hubs, however our inventory fluctuates daily. We may need to order hubs with an average lead time of 2-7 business days. Some hubs may take longer. If your order is time sensitive we encourage you to contact us for up to the minute product availability and shipping lead times.