Chris King hubs are known for innovative bearing and gearbox designs, exceptional durability, and for their brilliant jewel quality anodized colors and finishes.
Rear R45 hubs employ King patented RingDrive gearboxes with 45 points of simultaneous engagement to get power to the ground quickly. The R45 RingDrive system is significantly quieter than the classic 72 point version identified by its trademark “Angry Bee” sound.
Bearings are available in steel and ceramic for most models. Races are manufactured from heat-treated, surgical grade steel that are machined simultaneously, with tools of equal wear to ensure perfectly matched inner and outer races. As Chris King bearing races burnish they get faster with age.
Hubs are fully serviceable for many years of demanding use. All Chris King products are 100% engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland Oregon and carry a 5 year warranty.
- Weight: 265g +/- 5%
- Hole Count: 24, 28, 32
- Axles: 142x12 TA
- Brake Compatibility: Centerlock disc brake. ISO version available here
- Bearings: Chris King proprietary steel or King ceramic option
- Colors: King anodized and matte finish colors
- Drivetrain Compatibility: Shimano 11 speed road, SRAM XDR
- Ideal Use: Road or Cyclocross Centerlock disc, Not recommended for MTB use
- Chris King Centerlock® hubs require the use of Shimano's HB20 15/20mm rotor lockring
- Wheel building dimensions here
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
- YouTube Rotor Installation Video: Click Here
Inventory Note: We stock a wide variety of Chris King hubs, however our inventory fluctuates daily. We may need to order hubs with an average lead time of 2-7 business days. Some hubs may take longer. If your order is time sensitive we encourage you to contact us for up to the minute product availability and shipping lead times.