Wheelbuilder High Strength Aluminum Nipples are made from a 7000-series aircraft alloy, making them significantly stronger than the alloy nipples produced by most manufacturers.
We proudly use Wheelbuilder high-precision aluminum nipples for all of our custom built wheels with alloy nipples for the following reasons:
- Using a high strength aluminum alloy significantly improves issues with deformation across the flats in high tension applications.
- High tolerance of thread hole concentricity dramatically reduces potential for nipple head failure caused by material thickness variance at the seat.
- Wheelbuilder's aluminum nipples are anodized with a proprietary technique that individually fixtures each nipple to guarantee finish quality consistency across a wide a spectrum of colors.
Aluminum nipples weigh about one-third the mass of a brass nipple making them a great option for weight savings at the rim/spoke interface.
Wheelbuilder does not recommend using alloy nipples in wet or salty environments due to their limited corrosion resistance.
- Weight: 32 nipples weigh 9.90g (12mm length); 0.309g / nipple
- Material: 7000 series Aluminum
- Colors: Black, burnt orange, gold, green, navy/blue, pink, plum, red, silver, sour apple/lime, turquoise
- Length: 12mm, 14mm, 16mm-black only
- Thread gauge standard: 2.0mm(14g)
- Thread gauge optional: 1.8mm (15g) black or red 14mm. Please request in text field
- Wrench interface: standard 0.127"(3.23mm) across flats
- Minimum order quantity is 10 pieces (price is per nipple)