The Sapim Strong single butted spoke has extra material at the head/neck area to fit more tightly in hub flanges. This makes it ideal for disc brakes, as well as tandem and other heavy duty applications.
Sapim butted spokes have two major benefits: less weight and more strength. Technological advances using cold forging 'stretch' the spoke, retaining the linear molecular structure of the material, thereby increasing the spoke strength at the middle.
- Weight: 32 spokes weigh 215g (32 x 260mm); 6.72g / spoke
- Colors: black and silver
- Spoke Head/Neck: J-Bend or Straight Pull
- Standard lengths: 250mm to 310mm (even lengths)
- Custom lengths: 251mm to 309mm (odd lengths), and any length shorter than 250mm*.
- The optional alloy nipples offered for sale with your spoke purchase are the Wheelbuilder High Strength Aluminum Nipples.
- Minimum order quantity is 5 spokes.
*Important: All custom length spoke orders have a $0.40 non-refundable labor charge. Additionally, lengths shorter than 250mm are final and can not be refunded, returned, or exchanged.