DT Swiss updated their 240 lineup in 2021 with the addition of the EXP family. These hubs feature refinements to rear hub drive system design, weight reductions, and a new matte black finish. The 240 EXP SP Centerlock rear hub was redesigned for Road/Gravel applications, making the hubs smaller and lighter, while still maintaining DT's benchmark for durability and sealing performance. All EXP hubs come standard with 36 tooth ratchet rings.
DT Swiss utilizes its patented star ratchet system known for high load carrying capacity and reliability. The 240 EXP Road hub is available in a 142x12mm axle configuration only, however conversions are possible using previous generation end cap conversion kits in most cases. Conversions between axle options using a DT Swiss Conversion Kit and the Park Tool AV-5 axle vice with soft jaws.
NOTE: While previous generation axle conversion kits fit properly there is a difference in appearance with the EXP being matte black and conversion end caps having a gloss finish. This is purely cosmetic but we feel it needs to be clarified to avoid any surprises or confusion.
This hub uses a center lock rotor mounting design that can be converted to ISO 6 bolt using the DT Swiss Center Lock IS (6-bolt) Adapter.
- Weight: 219g Shimano, 212g XDR +/- 5%
- Hole count: 24, 28
- Axles Standard: 142x12 TA
- Axles Optional: Using Previous Generation end caps - 135QR, 135x10 TA, 135x12 TA ($30)
- Bearings: 2 x MR15267 Shell, 2 x 6802 Freehub
- Ideal use: Road disc brake, Gravel Cyclocross,
- Drivetrain Compatibility: Road Shimano/SRAM 11 spd. (spacer is included for backwards 9/10 spd. compatibility), SRAM XDR, Campagnolo
- For wheel building dimensions please visit the DT Swiss spoke calculator
Inventory Note: We stock a wide variety of DT Swiss hubs, however our inventory fluctuates daily. We may need to order hubs with an average lead time of 2-7 business days. Some hubs may take longer. If your order is time sensitive we encourage you to contact us for up to the minute product availability and shipping lead times.