The Super-9 disc wheel family is the fastest ever produced by Zipp. Developed with over 25 years of disc wheel experience and the help of advanced CFD software to optimizes aerodynamics, power transfer, stiffness, and durability.
Super-9 Disc wheels are available for traditional rim brake and Center Lock disc brake bicycles. Both versions are available in either Clincher or Tubular form.
TRACK USE INFORMATION:
The Tubular disc is also available in single fixed gear track specific configuration from the factory. The Super-9 rim brake version is convertible for track use with the optional Track Conversion Kit (discounted if purchased with wheel)
DISC BRAKE VERSION INFORMATION:
The introduction of the Super-9 Disc-brake completes the expansion of disc-brake options across Zipp’s entire carbon wheel lineup, from the disc wheel down to the 32-mm deep 202 Firecrest Disc-brake wheelset.
The new Super-9 Disc-brake Disc wheel is designed around the new 177DD (for Disc Disc) hub that features:
- Improved bearing protection and sealing
- Thru-axle compatible. Comes with thru-axle end caps that can be swapped by hand: 12x142mm
The 177DD uses a center-locking disc-mount standard. The Super-9 Disc-brake Disc wheel comes with a standard 10/11 speed driver body for SRAM®/Shimano® or for Campagnolo®, allowing you to run a wide range of cassettes. For those looking for a wider gear range, a SRAM XDR driver body for 177DD (sold separately) is easily installed to allow for more cassette options. A 1.85mm spacer is included with the XDR driver body and is required for use on the 177DD hub. XDR driver body compatible with 11-speed cassettes only.
- Weight: 1175g Clincher, 995g
- Brake options: Rim Brake or Center Lock disc brake
- Brake track width: (center) 26.42mm
- Max wheel width: 27.5mm
- Clincher bead width: 16.25mm
- Max tire pressure: 125psi (8.62 bar)
- Drivetrain compatiblity: Shimano/SRAM 11, Campagnolo, SRAM XDR
- Track adaptable: Yes (rim brake version only)
- Bearings: 6903, 6803 x 3
- Max recommended rider weight: 275lbs
- Decals: Standard matte white or matte black. Optional Blue, Green, Pink
- Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake Pads with rim brake versions
- End Caps for 135mm QR and 142x12mm TA with disc brake versions
- Silca disc valve adapter
- Zipp Tangente quick-release skewer
- Zipp Tangente tube 700c x 20-28mm
- Zipp rim tape 700c x 20mm - Clincher models only
- Zipp valve hole sticker
NOTE: Zipp Track disc wheels are special order items with typical lead time of 5-10 business days from Zipp.