Project 321 began as a company with limited offerings of high quality hubs manufactured in the USA to meet a niche market. They combined their expertise in high precision CNC machining with innovative hubshell and gearbox designs to bring their latest line of hubs to market.
The CX1 shares similar characteristics with the MTB ISO disc hub but has been designed for 11 speed road cassette compatibility. 2nd generation rear hubs feature a magnetically actuated 6-pawl ratchet system. This unique drive mechanism allows riders to customize engagement speed and sound quality. Select from either 144 or 216 points of engagement, and between two sets of pawls allowing for louder or quieter operation.
Hub shells are polished prior to anodize and combined with CNC engraved logos to provide a brilliant finish.
Hubs are fully serviceable with standard tools for many years of demanding use. All Project 321 hubs are 100% designed, manufactured and assembled in Bend Oregon and carry a 10-year warranty on hub shells.
- Weight: 281g
- Hole Count: 24, 28
- Axles Standard: 142x12mm TA
- Bearings: 2 x 6803, 6804, 6903
- Driver Options: 144 POE (2.5°) or 216 POE (1.7°)
- Pawl Options: Loud or Quiet
- MTB ISO disc version available here
- Colors: 10 anodized color options
- Drivetrain Compatibility: Shimano 11 Road, SRAM XDR
- Wheel building dimensions here
- 10-year manufacturer warranty on hubshells, 3-year on gearbox parts, 1 year Enduro bearings
Inventory Note: We stock a wide variety of Project 321 hubs, however our inventory fluctuates daily. We may need to order hubs with an average lead time of 2-7 business days. Some hubs may take longer. If your order is time sensitive we encourage you to contact us for up to the minute product availability and shipping lead times.