Chris King hubs are known for innovative bearing and gearbox designs, exceptional durability, and for their brilliant jewel quality anodized colors and finishes.
The Universal Disc Tandem hub uses an innovative spline machined on to the shell to adapt the hub to a wide range of axle widths. King controls flex by adopting a 19.4mm oversize axle diameter made possible with the use of proprietary bearings.
Rear hubs employ King patented RingDrive gearboxes with 72 points of simultaneous engagement to get power to the ground quickly. The RingDrive system is easily identified by its trademark “Angry Bee” sound.
Bearing races are manufactured from heat-treated, surgical grade steel that are machined simultaneously, with tools of equal wear to ensure perfectly matched inner and outer races. As Chris King bearing races burnish they get faster with age.
Hubs are fully serviceable for many years of demanding use. All Chris King products are 100% engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland Oregon and carry a 5 year warranty.
- Weight: 366g(145mm) +/-5%
- Hole Count: 32
- 145mm: Standard FunBolt attachment.
- Standard Alumium Shimano HG driveshell
- Bearings: Chris King proprietary steel
- Colors: King Anodized finish Red
- Drivetrain Compatibility: Shimano 9/10 speed road cassettes or 9/10/11 speed MTB cassettes. Not compatible with 11spd road cassettes
- Wheel building dimensions here
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
Inventory Note: We stock a wide variety of Chris King hubs, however our inventory fluctuates daily. We may need to order hubs with an average lead time of 2-7 business days. Some hubs may take longer. If your order is time sensitive we encourage you to contact us for up to the minute product availability and shipping lead times.